Pages

Friday 28 January 2011

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-14

For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
In those days when you pray, I will listen.
If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.
I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and bring you home again to your own land.
I’m afraid to give my whole life to God because I think he’ll tell me to do something I don’t want to do. What happens if I hold back part of my life from God? I’m sure we’ve all felt like this at some point in our lives, I know that I have.
Just imagine that you’re part of a sports team and tell the coach that you only want to practice and not to play in the games. How do you think your teammates or coach would react?
Undoubtedly they would be a little put off by your attitude. After all, if you’re going to be part of the team, you should play in the games.
Unfortunately, many people have that attitude about their relationship with God. They want it to be on their terms, with all the benefits and no hassles.
A relationship with God requires a full commitment like that in any good relationship. God wants your whole life so he can make something extraordinary out of it.
His goal isn’t to make you miserable. Just take a look at verse 11. So what does this mean? It means that God has good plans for your life. He knows you better than anyone else does and knows what will fulfil you most in life. If you choose any other direction, you’ll be settling for second best.
The reason I’ve posted about Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-14 is because it is important to me and has helped me through difficult situations. As I’ve said on pervious posts I’m going on a course called Design For Life this weekend. The aim of the course is to help people to discover the design that God has for their life. I hope that over the weekend I will the confidence to give the whole of my life over to God.
As I’m away this weekend, tomorrow post has been written by my friend Sam check out his blog here (Sam’s Bible Blog). Check it out tomorrow.
Hope you all have a good weekend. I will post how the weekend goes when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment